Eyebrows are one of the most important features of the face. They can easily make or break your entire look. The trend over the past few years was a very heavy drawn in look, but that’s starting to lose speed. Big, bold natural-looking eyebrows are the new trend, but sadly not all of us are born with Brook Shields or Cara Delevingne’s brows. If you want to learn how to achieve this look, watch my easy fast tutorial!
Read on for a few pro tips to achieving the natural big brow look.
- Deciding the shape of your eyebrow is the first step. You don’t need to over pluck and change your natural pattern of hair growth. Every ones brows are unique and should compliment your features.
- Buy an eyebrow pencil that’s thin, this way you can create the appeared of thin hairs. My favorite lately is It! Cosmetics Brow Power Super Skinny. Make sure your pencil matches your eyebrow color, not your hair.
- Create very thin hair like strokes going upwards, creating the appearance of hairs. At the beginning of your brow, the hairs grow up. They’re also more sparse than the middle of the brow. You’ll want to start these “hairs” in-line with the side of the nose.
- Follow your natural arch with the pencil, going in short but precise strokes. The point of your arch should never look like a “V”. It should be rounded slightly, to appear more natural.
- The tail of the brow should end around the corner of the eye and have the same hair like strokes as the beginning. The lightest growth is a the beginning and the tail of the brow, hence why it should be applied lighter.
- When you’re finished filling in your brows, use a thick coating of concealer on a flat dense brush underneath the brow, to give it a sharper look. I never do this to the top of my brow when I’m going for a natural look- which is almost always these days!
Pencils I recommend: It! Cosmetics brow power, Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz, Origins Fill in the Blanks, Clinique Super Fine Brow Liner, a drugstore alternative like NYX Micro Brow Pencil will work as well.